- FIFTEEN- S/T 7"EP + "Swains First Bike" LP/CD/Cass PREORDER available now inDistro(Out August 25th!) "Choice Of A New Generation" coming late Summer/fall.
- HEAVY POCKETS and YOUR PEST BAND TOUR DATES added! Check it out.
- SAMIAM- "You Are Freaking Me Out" + "Whatever's Got You Down" Cassette Tapes available now in our Distro: 2 Classic Samiam albums pressed on their own high-quality White Cassette w/ full-color j-cards! (Shipping out next week or so!) Each limited to 150 copies.
- DEAD BROKE SHORT-RUN TAPE SERIES 3 available now too!!!:
THE TOMS (NY)- "Introducing..." TAPE
First press limited to 30 copies on Black cassettes. Indie/pop rock from Long Island, NY featuring members of State Lines & Broadcaster with pop-soaked melodies achin' to Weezer & Tony Molina.
CUDDLEFISH/BURNING SPRING- Split TAPE
First press limited to 30 copies on Butterscotch Gold cassettes. Two raw, melodic & aggressive pop counterparts, Burning Spring & Cuddlefish (ex-Unfun) split sides of a tape!
OUTTA GAS- "Meet Me For A Drink" TAPE
First press limited to 30 copies on Purple cassettes. NYC's indie pop rockers are back with their first full-length. Members of For Serious This Time, Giant Peach & more.
- FIFTEEN - "Extra Medium Kickball Star (17)" LP- Limited rerelease now in Distro!
We recovered the remaining 300 copies from the original pressing of ex-Crimpshrine classic east bay punk band, FIFTEEN's 4th album, from 22 years ago (1995). Re-packaged & released with awesome new alternate artwork, printed on 2-color silk-screened jackets. Woah. *Disclaimer: NOT a Reissue! This is old stock from 1995. The vinyl is old and some maybe have a slight warp that does not affect play.
- RVIVR video on NPR : "The Tide" 7 inch available now in Distro!Grab it on vinyl. "Originally released overseas early 2017 to conincide with an Australian tour, this is a 7 inch single of two brand new songs from Olympia, WA.'s, RVIVR."
- GREENSLEEP- "Cheap Headphones" LP is Out Now!!! Stream "Second Avenue" now on New Noise Magazine or listen below. Available on all digital outlets (Spotify, Itunes+)
- CAVES- "Always Why" LP is out today!!! Grab a Clear Green vinyl now in ourDistroor from Specialist Subject (UK) + Yo-Yo Records (EU) / Digital available now on Bandcamp, Spotify, Itunes, Amazon, etc. (Listen below)
- BEAR TRADE- "Silent Unspeakable" LP is out now! Pick up the vinyl on lovely 'Chips & Gravy' color vinyl from our Distroor from Everything Sucks in UK! Digital available now on Bandcamp, Spotify, Itunes, Amazon, etc. (Listen below)
- Updated our Spotify playlist: Best of Dead Broke Rekerds! Jam tons of sick new songs:
- Another new BEAR TRADE video over at Punktastic! From upcoming "Silent Unspeakable" LP Out April 21st! 'Chips & Gravy" color vinyl preorder still available now!
- 3 NEW CASSETTE TAPES OUT NOW!!!!!
TENEMENT- "Predatory Headlights" 2X TAPE BOX - 2nd press!
Double tape box set of Tenement's "Predatory Headlights" album, with a bonus tape including 23 previously unreleased demos, alt. versions & 5 never before heard b-side outtakes from the album. (*Bonus tape comes w/ download)
THE GLOBS- "Do You Feel Weird?" TAPE
Members of The Bananas & Charles Albright! California scrappy lo-fi rock & roll pop. Limited to 100 tapes. (Comes w/ download)
BROCCOLI- "Home" TAPE
Cassette pressing of 90's UK melodic punk legends' classic album, "Home". Limited to 100 tapes.
- YOUR PEST BAND- "Old Springhead" 2XP OUT NOW!!!!"Brand new double full-length album from Japan's best garage power-pop punkers! Your Pest Band are back and deliver 17 songs of lo-fi garage power pop rock achin' to the Rolling Stones & The Zombies, mixed with the rough edges of bands like The Jam & Husker Du." Co-release w/ Brassneck Records (UK) + Snuffy Smiles (Japan) - Check out the new video for "Smog"below:
- New band from members of Witches With Dicks & Awful Man! LIFE HACKS Tape coming soon in Dead Broke's Short-run Tape Series 4! Jam it & download now:
- New BEAR TRADE video! OOF! "Silent Unspeakable" LP Chips & Gravy Color vinyl available in US/CAN now in Distro
- Sign up for our MAILING LIST! Subscribe at INFO Tab for email updates about New Releases, Updates, Sales & more cool stuff
- We are stoked to announced we are now distributed by our friends at Recess Ops.
(Stores/Distros you can now hit them up for punk-friendly wholesale of all our titles!)
- REST IN PEACE ROBERT MCALLISTER of Iron Chic/Capital (1980 - 2016) <3
Please help: Mcallister Family Memorial Fund. Share the link & donate if you can too. We will forever be donating all sales made from The Reformation (Rob's old band) album.
NEW RELEASES AVAILABLE FROM DEAD BROKE:
SAMIAM- "You Are Freaking Me Out" TAPE
Samiam's fifth studio album and their classic, "You Are Freaking Me Out" (1997) pressed on a high-quality limited White Cassette tape. One of our favorite albums of all-time. Wow! 1st press limited to 150 copies.
SAMIAM- "Whatever's Got You Down" TAPE
Samiam's seventh studio album "Whatever's Got You Down" (2013 Remix) pressed on a high-quality limited White Cassette tape. Originally released by Hopeless Records in 2006, now Remixed by Jeff Dean (The Bomb) & Remastered by Jon Drew at Infinite Wavelength. 1st press limited to 150 copies.
GREENSLEEP- "Cheap Headphones" LP
New York's 90's indie/punk vets, Greensleep are back after a quick 18 year break. The band has quite the interesting story, being a long island indie/punk staple in the 90's, with releases on Alone Records, as well as Long Island's Motherbox Records. Since breaking & recently reuniting, they have delivered a slew of new songs with their "Summer Single Series" & "Things We Didnt Know EP", with new member Scott Martin (of Silent Majority/Mind Over Matter). Self-described as "barrel aged indie rock", Greensleep are back with their second full-length album of all brand new material, show-casing that some good things get even better.
RVIVR- "The Tide/Shaggy" 7"
Originally released overseas early 2017 to conincide with an Australian tour, this is a 7 inch single of two brand new songs from Olympia, WA.'s, RVIVR. "There's a new full length on the horizon... and these songs are about a lot of loss, love and voice." One of these songs is about one our dear friends, the late great Barker Gee ("Shaggy"). RIP. One time pressing of 500. (Comes w/ download)
CAVES- "Always Why" LP
Caves return with their 3rd full length LP, "Always Why" out on Dead Broke/Specialist Subject/Yo-Yo Records on April 28th, 2017. This new album is a big change in songwriting style for Caves, now writing remotely via GarageBand demo exchanges, with band members split between the UK and USA (rather than their previous home, Bristol). This new approach sees the band exploring a greater depth in sounds and expression than the straight forward pop punk of previous recordings. Lyrically the album's still as personal as ever touching on the heartbreak of border crossings, queer love at 16 and coming to terms with bad relationship choices. Produced by Peter Miles at Middle Farm Studios in rural Devon over the summer months. The recording captures their tight, fuzzed out pop punk akin to 90s favorites like The Breeders, Nirvana and Blue - era Weezer.
BEAR TRADE- "Silent Unspeakable" LP
Bear Trade are back. North East England four-piece punk band's second album 'Silence Unspeakable' on Everything Sucks Music (Europe) & Dead Broke (US/CAN). Greg Robson (vocals/guitar) goes into some detail about the interim between albums and the inspiration behind 'Silence Unspeakable': "Since the last record (2014's debut full length 'Blood & Sand') a lot has happened. There have been deaths, break-ups, marriages, births. You could actually restructure the tracks and form a loose narrative of the last three years of my life, but although there are a lot of quite sad songs on the album, don't worry it all had a very happy ending. As with the last offering, the songs have me writing from the heart and from personal experience. They look at finding love. Relationships and family. Finding your way, and saying goodbye. In short they are about life."
YOUR PEST BAND- "Old Springhead" 2XLP
Brand new double full-length album from Japan's best garage power-pop punkers! Your Pest Band are back and deliver 17 songs of lo-fi garage power pop rock achin' to the Rolling Stones & The Zombies, mixed with the rough edges of bands like The Jam & Husker Du. One could even consider this the bands, "Zen Arcade". This is clearly YPB's greatest material to date, cohesively melodic pop, laced through-out in pure rock & roll hooks. There's even the 16-minute long opus, "Swell", which is impressively the best, longest song we've ever heard. Cannot recommend this one enough. Housed in a beautiful deluxe gatefold jacket with stunning artwork. (Co-release w/ Brassneck & Snuffy Smiles)
HEAVY POCKETS- "Mopeless" LP
Brand new full-length album from New Hampshire indie/pop-punk trio. Intelligent lyrics & hooks with a thoughtful message throughout, this is 90's style indie rock that, these days, has been brought back to life full force through-out DIY punk. Contemporaries like Swearin' & Potty Mouth come to mind, but Heavy Pockets stand on their own, packing their own dose of pretty & punky pop rock. (Co-release w/ Cat Dead, Details Later)
SHOTWELL / MIAMI- Split LP (Reissue!)
Reissue of one of our favorite DIY punk rock split LPs, EVER. Punk veterans from San Fransisco, CA. that includes members of: Strawman, Allergic To Bullshit, Hickey, Chickenhead, Onion Flavored Rings, Black Rainbow & so many more. Originally released in 2000, this is just in time for its' 17th anniversary! After one year in-the-works & a meticulous release process, we're stoked for finally have this out into the world again. Reissued & pressed from the original master tapes, as well as cover art being pro re-touched & restored! Includes original 32 PAGE ZINE, as well as a video code for the original VHS companion tape that was released. 400 pressed. (Comes w/ download code) (Digital remaster by Carl Saff.)
Members of Leatherface & The Sainte Catherines, Medictation present their debut album. "Dickie Hammond's (Leatherface) untimely and recent passing shook not only those closest to him but also the punk world as a whole, such was his influence and the positive impact that he had on the community. Whilst most of us are familiar with the majority of Dickie's works, his final pieces have not been released, until now. Dickie Hammond left us too soon. One small solace was the fact that shortly before his passing he played a key role in writing and recording the debut Medictation LP 'Warm Places', being his final works. (Comes w/ download) Pressing info: 300 Black, 100 Violet, 100 Clear Orange vinyl.
Coming Soon & later on from Dead Broke :
FIFTEEN- "Swain's First Bike Ride" LP/CD/Cass
FIFTEEN- S/T 7" E.P.
YOUNG LADIES- S/T 7" EP(ex- Monikers, Discount, Latterman+)
EIGHT- II 7" EP(ex- NONA)
CANADIAN RIFLE- "Peaceful Death" LP
GIANT PEACH- "But You Made Me..." LP
RVIVR- S/T TAPE + "Joester Sessions" TAPE
SAMIAM- "Trips" TAPE
SOMERSET THROWER / MOUTH- Split 7" EP
FIFTEEN- "The Choice Of A New Generation" LP/CD/Cass